• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cardinal Dirty Dancing- QuickTime Video (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
From Hood Woods:

What is this guy thinking? "Look at my breast! is it very red or what???!!!...I want to be the father of your little birdies," "I am so red-- I just don't know what to do with all this color...let me rub a little off on you my sweet thing"......

I think this is courting behavior. There was a female just two feet away. (but I am not a scientist- don't hold me to it) One minute- short viddette.

iMovie

What a show off! I'm never seen any of the males at my feeder do this before. I have three males and three females that visit mine, always in pairs. Perhaps they are already mated and don't need to show off for each other anymore?

I know- that's just shameless isn't it? My cardinals do not seem to be in pairs. They are always in a large group of about 6-9 I guess- not couples. They seem to be very aggressive toward each other and seldom is there more than one on the feeder at a time. The others wait their turns in the background or they are on the ground eating. It is wonderful having them in my circle of friends.

Give it time, Alan, I'm sure you will notice them pairing up shortly. I'm not sure what this fellow was up but it was entertaining! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back