• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unusual visitor (to our roof!!) (1 Viewer)

Reader

For the last few days a Mallard has been sitting on our roof for a few hours each day (photo attached). I have seen Herons on house roofs before (and we have that happen quite often here due to the Coombe Abbey Roost) but this Mallard is a first for me.

Just thought I would share the moment. lol

Attachments

• Mallard 0072.jpg
    Mallard 0072.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 152
Lol! Not a common sight at all. we have plenty of Mallards on the local ponds but we've never had one in the garden, let alone on the roof.

It looks quite comfortable up there!

I went out this morning, and along with the two Canada Geese, sat on my garage roof, was a female mallard. That's the first time i've seen a mallard up there. I'll start to keep a watchful eye of the bird feeders - in case it decides to attempt that one!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back