• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Extreme photographic effect. (1 Viewer)

Brett Richards

United Kingdom
The attached 3 photos of a Crossbill are part of a sequence of 6 photos taken with the shutter button held down on my Canon SX50 HS, so obviously no change in the settings. The middle shot is how I saw the bird through binoculars, basically yellow-green. The other 2, taken immediately before and after, show the bird reddish, as did the others in the sequence, and in other sequences before and afterwards. The bird never appeared like that in the field, and as I was photographing it it was difficult to believe it was the same bird I was seeing with binoculars and naked eye.

None of the photos has been changed in any way (other than re-sizing for BirdForum). It is hard to believe this difference could be achieved by altering settings, never mind without even taking my finger off the shutter button. We all know digital photos can be deceptive, but this is extreme.

Brett

Attachments

• IMG_9918.JPG
    IMG_9918.JPG
    315.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9919.JPG
    IMG_9919.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9920.JPG
    IMG_9920.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back