• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some French Mysteries (1 Viewer)

nickderry

C'est pas ma faute, je suis anglais.
let's see if you can get all these, first to name all three correctly gets a round of applause.

Attachments

• mystery photo.jpg
    mystery photo.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 263
  • mystery two.jpg
    mystery two.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 299
  • mystery3.JPG
    mystery3.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 271
I think its reasonably clear that one and three are Corn Bunting and Black Kite, but I suspect it will be number two that will seperate the men from the boys. I'll go with Whimbrel, I know its wrong, but I really don't know!

Strange colour Dotterel?

ouch no! I missed that in exactly the same spot last week.

Sean actually got it with Whimbrel, but as he was so sure that it wasn't one at the same time I thought I'd carry on the quiz. ;):clap::clap::clap: applause for all!

less of an id quiz, more a set of really really dire photos - taken for your quizzical enjoyment - some easy, some really blurred, and to really spoil you - another 5 are in the next post!

Attachments

• mystery 1.jpg
    mystery 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 241
  • mystery 2.jpg
    mystery 2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 208
  • mystery 3.jpg
    mystery 3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 224
  • mystery 4.jpg
    mystery 4.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 189
  • mystery 5.jpg
    mystery 5.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 185
part two - all photos are taken at Petit Noir - a lovely area of shingle islands in the river, a reed-filled oxbow lake and proper hedges, pastures and stuff. Kept me occupied for over 12 hours today.

Attachments

• mystery 6.jpg
    mystery 6.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 213
  • mystery 7.jpg
    mystery 7.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 183
  • mystery 8.jpg
    mystery 8.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 154
  • mystery 9.jpg
    mystery 9.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 155
  • mystery 10.jpg
    mystery 10.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 190
1 - Water Pipit
2 - Stone Curlew
3 - Montagu's Harrier
4 - Red-backed Shrike
5 - Mallard & Little Egret
6 - Yellow Wagtail
7 - Whimbrel
8 - Curlew
9 - Cuckoo
10 - Black Kite

1 - Water Pipit
2 - Stone Curlew
3 - Montagu's Harrier
4 - Red-backed Shrike
5 - Mallard & Little Egret
6 - Yellow Wagtail
7 - Whimbrel
8 - Curlew
9 - Cuckoo
10 - Black Kite

very good, 8 out of 10 correct! To prolong my sadistic fun, I won't say which 2 are wrong just yet. :t:

and just to be picky - the yellow is a blue-headed - would love to stumble on a flavissima here.

3) I first thought Nightjar or something, so I'll go with that.
1) Looks like a weird hybrid something, I'll go with Quail though!

|!|by one correct do you mean I got one right that was wrong and got one wrong that was right before?? or that they were both wrong before and I got one right and the other wrong! This is driving me crazy!:|!|:storm::stuck:

|!|by one correct do you mean I got one right that was wrong and got one wrong that was right before?? or that they were both wrong before and I got one right and the other wrong! This is driving me crazy!:|!|:storm::stuck:

not sure I follow - but out of your suggestions of Red Kite and Whinchat - one of them is correct!

ah sod it -or I'll get way too confused!

Neil got all of them right apart from 1 and 10, Gropper you're correct with Whinchat.

We just need number 10 now.

not sure I follow - but out of your suggestions of Red Kite and Whinchat - one of them is correct!

ah sod it -or I'll get way too confused!

Neil got all of them right apart from 1 and 10, Gropper you're correct with Whinchat.

We just need number 10 now.

yay, I hoped that was the one I was right on!:king:

as for no. 10, Marsh Harrier?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back