• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beck Kassel Saturn 15x60 binoculars. (1 Viewer)

Hi,

not about these but the 80mm Tordalk series in 11, 15 and 22x are not too shabby. So hopefully yours is good too. Let us know what you think...

Joachim

OK I just got them, they were lost in the post.
The ocular lens was dusty and other then that the lenses and prisms were dead clear, I mean they were so clear they were like new. Not one scratch or blemish
The serial number is 157479 and the central pin has Edward Marcus Ltd London stamped on it, the leather case too has Edward Marcus stamped on it.
They are called Saturn 15x60 CBS, Coated Optics, Light Weight.

Apart from a few nicks on the casing, some grim around the eyepieces and a gritty diopter adjustment, the thing is amazing and a pleasure to use.

I'm going to strip the eyepieces down to clean and re-lube them and wonder if there is anything I need to watch out for?

You don't have to "strip" any lenses down to clean them An inexpensive cleaning kit sold by Zeiss or Nikon will be all that you will need for that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "re-lube them." You should keep lubricants as far away as possible from binocular lenses!

Bob

Edward Marcus, I think, sold some quite exotic binoculars, including large and difficult to find.
Not sure what happened to them.
A pity if they have closed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back