• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Croatian Birding Trip Summer 2011 (1 Viewer)

brightersidestolife

Landlocked list-grower, sometimes twitcher, obsess
Dobardan :)

bio sam u Hrvatsku ovog ljeto :t:

I initially was based in Zagreb where my gf lives, highlights being Hooded Crow in the hundreds.

Next we moved to the coast, where it really got interesting. Three lucky trips to Vransko Lake near Biograd, plus woodlands in Biograd produced: Great Egret, Black Winged Stilt, Golden Oriole, Subalpine Warbler, Beeeater, Red-backed Shrike, Woodchat Shrike, Pygmy Cormorant, Treesparrow etc etc etc

I regard myself to be pretty up on Split too as we stayed here for a week and I birdwatched in a small park/scrubland near the Hajduk Stadium (I can supply exact locations upon PM) I had Red-Backed Shrike every day here.

When we returned to Zagreb things were quiet again - I followed the Sava from town to Hrelic where Kestrel and Little Egret were had. Maximir Park had many Nuthatch in and some GSW but not too much else.

It was more a family trip too but I was grateful for my birdwatching and I didn't plan too much - perhaps next time I can plan further, maybe trip to Crna Mraka.

Hvala :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back