• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new guy (1 Viewer)

Hi Everyone,
Lenny here.
I'm a beginning bird painter.
I almost did'nt post because I looked through the forum at some of the other ""BEGINNERS"" and in for awhile my heart sank.
They are better that i'd ever thought i could be. But I would still love some advice and to get to know other bird painters too. SO here are some of tmy oil paintings.
I'd love to hear from others,
Thanks,
Lenny
5e_1.jpg2b_1.jpgb0_1.jpg52_1.jpg22_1.jpg

Welcome to BF's Wildlife Art! I don't see any reason you should be unsure of posting your work? The Great egret is just stunning, the lighting, the pose, WOW! And the blue heron is beaufitul. The composition of the eagle piece is great, colorwise as well, and you can actually feel the strength of the eagle in the picture.

These are great, looking forward to more. :)

Last edited:
Hi Lenny - welcome to Birdforum and (as Woody is always quick to point out - correctly so) the 'Best Bit'. Really glad to have you aboard and the work you have just posted is absolutely beautiful. As Elina points out, the lighting on the GW Egret is sublime and the other works are of equal quality. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hi Lenny, now seriously, why did you hesitate? There is some really beautiful work here, the bald eagle and the great egret stand out for me - the composition on the eagle is exciting and strong, and the lighting on the egret is phenomenal, it just shines through. Count me in as someone who's looking forward to seeing more, and don't hesitate! Welcome to birdforum, I hope you enjoy the 'best bit' of it here!

Hi Lenny:hi: You have some real talent there!
Why don't you look in the Gallery and you can see loads of talented artists work and comment on it to.
Anyway, a very warm welcome to BF:t:

Welcome to BF's Wildlife Art! I don't see any reason you should be unsure of posting your work? The Great egret is just stunning, the lighting, the pose, WOW! And the blue heron is beaufitul. The composition of the eagle piece is great, colorwise as well, and you can actually feel the strength of the eagle in the picture.

These are great, looking forward to more. :)
Thank you all for your kind words about my paintings, it is very encouraging. I 'm really looking forward to being a part of this.
Thanks Again,
Lenny

Hi Lenny, Tim beat me to it this time, but welcome to the best bit of BF!

Can't see why you'd be hesitant to post your work, not when it's the quality it is. Others have beaten me to it but it's worth saying again, the quality of the light in the egret painting especially is wonderful. Please don't hesitate to post more, we're all looking forward to it.

Mike

You've caught some lovely sheen on the birds and I particularly like the way you've handled the semi-transparent effect of the whizzing wings.

Mike

Super painting!

Wow lenny that Sabrewing is something else, do you have more Hummer art???
I love the tones and textures and the sheen are wonderful well done:clap::clap::clap:
When i looked at the thumbnail i thought it was a photo, its that good:t::t::t:

Hi Lenny - you say you are a beginner but your paintings are something that a more experienced painter would be proud of, surely. Nice stuff there. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back