• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightroom (1 Viewer)

paul goode

I attended a talk yesterday on Lightroom hosted by someone who obviously knew it inside out and backwards. I must say I'm impressed and it makes my bridge>acr>cs3 workflow seem very clunky.
How many people using Lightroom have pretty well abandoned photoshop?

Paul
I use Lightroom and have CS3, the only thing I've used CS3 for recently has been to covert RAW to small JPEG. Otherwise it is largely redundant. Must add that my knowledge of CS3 is not good, I'm sure that as I learn more about it there are things I would use it for in preference to LR.
Even using LR as a library manager I would find I couldn't do without it now. Basically I love it.

Phil

Lightroom uses ACR to do it's RAW conversions the same as Photoshop and ACR can do pretty much all the global adjustments that you can do in Photoshop. Lightroom has many more indexing and cataloguing tools than Bridge so if all you do is take RAWs, "develop" the whole image and catalogue them, then Lightroom is preferable to Bridge and Photoshop.

You still need Photoshop if you use masking to apply changes to selected areas, if you use drawing tools to modify photographs, adding text labels, montaging, use of creative filters etc etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back