• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B&L Elite roll-down eye cup damage (1 Viewer)

jremmons

Wildlife Biologist
Hello all,

I have an older pair of 10x42 B&L elites with the roll-down rubber eye cups, and they have split in many places. I was wonder if there was any way to fix this issue or replace the eye-cups?

Thank you,
Justin

Hello all,

I have an older pair of 10x42 B&L elites with the roll-down rubber eye cups, and they have split in many places. I was wonder if there was any way to fix this issue or replace the eye-cups?

Thank you,
Justin

Phone Bushnell (in Overland Park, KS: 1-800-423-3537) to see if they still have the part. They don't guarantee availability after 5 years of discontinuing a model (unlike the Euro brands which seem to do much better than that, even if they don't promise it) which seems silly for a product that is supposedly a lifetime purchase. If yours is the waterproof version, the old eyecups are easy to replace with new ones by unscrewing them. Not sure about the older model, but I think they just slip on and off.

--AP

Phone Bushnell (in Overland Park, KS: 1-800-423-3537) to see if they still have the part. They don't guarantee availability after 5 years of discontinuing a model (unlike the Euro brands which seem to do much better than that, even if they don't promise it) which seems silly for a product that is supposedly a lifetime purchase. If yours is the waterproof version, the old eyecups are easy to replace with new ones by unscrewing them. Not sure about the older model, but I think they just slip on and off.

--AP

Alexis,

Thank you for your information. I will attempt to contact Bushnell, although issues with them in the past give me little hope of fixing this issue. Mine are indeed the newer model, stamped with "Waterproof" on the focus knob and with screwing eye-cups.

Regards,
Justin

Alexis,

Thank you for your information. I will attempt to contact Bushnell, although issues with them in the past give me little hope of fixing this issue. Mine are indeed the newer model, stamped with "Waterproof" on the focus knob and with screwing eye-cups.

Regards,
Justin

Let us know how it goes. I've never had trouble getting eyecups in the past, so long as they were in stock! --AP

Any success?

Hello all,

Thank you,
Justin

When the eyecups fell apart on my old Elites I could not get replacements so modified some new twist ups from a Bushnell Natureview roof model. Work fine and look good.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back