• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Konus binoculars, need help (1 Viewer)

Natefergy

Hello, I borrowed these binoculars from my mother in law, she didnt know anything about them, but i was trying to find out the specifics, ie the power and the model. Does anyone know this info?
I tried attaching a picture but my camera cannot take a picture in low enough quality to add to the post.

The numbers on the side say 99990x9880

Below that is says: sehfeld 8m auf 98000m

Last edited:
Hello, I borrowed these binoculars from my mother in law, she didnt know anything about them, but i was trying to find out the specifics, ie the power and the model. Does anyone know this info?

Hi Nate,

Welcome to bird forum!

Send us the information that you can find that is stamped or engraved on the binocular and maybe we can help.

You could also measure the diameter of one of the objective lenses (The ones on the front) in millimeters and let us know what that number is.

Does it look like any of these Konus binoculars?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/konus-binoculars.html

Bob

Welcome.

In my experience if it says Konus I wouldn't expect much.
But you could let us know what is written on it.

Their 60mm binocular isn't. At least the one I have.

The Mak spotter. I won't comment.

Originally an Italian 'brand', but probably Chinese.

Their simple eyepieces are very low price so O.K. if you have a long focus cheap scope and want something cheap.

Hi Ceasar.
Interesting link.
Konus 10x-30x $17,056.
Konus 7x50 Waterproof $13,719.
Konus 20x-60x80 $30,900.
Konus Emperor Green 8x $26.879.
Konus 1-4x 24mm Konus. $56,719.

Just ordered one of each. Never know when they may come in handy. :)

Hi Ceasar.
Interesting link.
Konus 10x-30x $17,056.
Konus 7x50 Waterproof $13,719.
Konus 20x-60x80 $30,900.
Konus Emperor Green 8x $26.879.
Konus 1-4x 24mm Konus. $56,719.

Just ordered one of each. Never know when they may come in handy. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. That Vig Link, what ever it is (Spam?) is a pain in the butt. You are supposed to ignore those deals and move on to the Optics Planet link given on the right.

Another thing to do is just google Optics Planet and click on Konus to see their binoculars. Then this Vig link will come up when you forward the Konus link.

It even happens when I try to forward a link from Eagle Optics.

You are supposed to be able to disable the link when you follow their instructions.

Bob

Last edited:
Hi Bob,
I actually bought a Konus 20-60x80.
I paid about £50, which was a bit more reasonable than $30,900.
It was quite good really.
I gave it to my car mechanic who expressed an interest in looking at Jupiter's moons.
I couldn't believe it when he said he saw Jupiter's Red Spot. Turns out he went to Will Hay's old observatory I think, which houses a 16 inch scope nowadays. They let him look through this University scope.

Also bought a Konus focus free 10x50 in an interesting two tone blue and grey.
I couldn't use it but gave it to my friend's son, who rather liked it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back