• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Steiner 8x56 Hunting value question (1 Viewer)

fluxed

I have some Steiner 8x56 bins I have owned since I was a young man. Late 90s models. They are marked as Hunting and Fernglaser. Very similar looking to the Ranger type I see around.

Does anyone have an estimated value of these? I recall paying around 800.00 back in 1997-98 time line.

First time I ever saw some of Jupiters moons I did with these. Adds some value right? 3:)

NIKON - 8x56 Monarch 5 ED Binoculars *FREE SHIPPING*
Item# NIK856M5BK
Mfr Part# 7581
Our Price: $469.00

Now how much would I pay?

Maybe one hundred if in excellent shape w/case, strap & lens covers.

Last edited:
The sun certainly doesn't rise and set on CL. Personally I consider Nikon direct sale price as MSRP.

A quick search pulled up $469 from another vendor. I'm not defending the vendor I'm saying that if I was in the market for an 8x56 that I would spend just shy of five bills for the Nikon from that vendor, before considering Steiners from the last century for 250-300.

I might suggest taking those bins to a pawn shop or two telling them you want 300 clams and see how that flies. If so do come back and tell me how far short my C-note fell.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back