• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

slr digiscoping adaptor (1 Viewer)

chrisrwillis

Hi Guys,

I am fed up of tryiing to find a decent platform adaptor to hold my SLR in a frame to my\a scope without costing a fortune.

So the plan is to manufacture a prototype adaptor to hold an SLR so it will not damage (my\any scope) eyepiece because of the weight of the SLR.

We need this guys so any imput would be welcome. Drawings photos sketches etc.,

It will be made it in wood to start then metal as prototype No. 1

My SLR is a Nikon D50. My scope has an eyeiece of 42 mmm so I reckon it should cover almost any SLR.

Anyone interested??

Regards to all.

Chris willis

Neils adaptor

Hi Neil, greetings to you from the UK.

That is just a perfect answer to what I was looking for.

I reckon even i could build that.

Just one point though., how did you manage to get the centre height (lens to camera) spot on, was it by packing the scope bit by bit or what??

Most interested to know this.

Kindest regards to you.

Hi Neil, greetings to you from the UK.

That is just a perfect answer to what I was looking for.

I reckon even i could build that.

Just one point though., how did you manage to get the centre height (lens to camera) spot on, was it by packing the scope bit by bit or what??

Most interested to know this.

Kindest regards to you.

Surprisingly that was the easiest bit but not obvious. Just rotate the scope to the right height. It does mean that you will have to angle the scope and camera a little off center to match them up though.
Neil.

Surprisingly that was the easiest bit but not obvious. Just rotate the scope to the right height. It does mean that you will have to angle the scope and camera a little off center to match them up though.
Neil.

Thanks Neil. I was thinking that the scope would be fixed and not on a screw thread with a securing butterdly nut underneath DERRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Well off i go on Monday to the local ironmongers and start to make it.

I will keep you posted. might take a week or so maybe.

Very grateul for your advice here Neil.

Regs

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back