• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beidaihe (1 Viewer)

chris murphy

Used Register
Howdy all
On the scrounge for more Beidaihe info. Hopefully all the logistical stuff is being taken care of by Wildwings but I'm hoping someone can provide any info on weather conditions around May time. I doubt it'll be shorts-and T-shirt weather but does anyone know how cold it can get at night? Also wondering about immunisations. Any ideas on what are needed and how early in advance these immunisations need to be obtained before departure? I just can't help thinking that the holiday is going to be spoiled slightly should I die of Yellow Fever half way through.
Oh, also Visas as well (I know I'm asking alot but this is the first time I've been on a big holiday and I'm a bit of a div when it comes to all this stuff). Any idea how early I will need to apply for a visa (I assume I'll need one???????)
Thanks for any info provided.
Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,
I am off to Goa in Jan with Wildwings, and the info they provided covered everything, they even sent 2 visa appl forms, in case I messed one up.
If in doubt, ring them up, an excellent company
Have a nice trip
David

chris murphy said:
Howdy all
On the scrounge for more Beidaihe info. Hopefully all the logistical stuff is being taken care of by Wildwings but I'm hoping someone can provide any info on weather conditions around May time. I doubt it'll be shorts-and T-shirt weather but does anyone know how cold it can get at night? Also wondering about immunisations. Any ideas on what are needed and how early in advance these immunisations need to be obtained before departure? I just can't help thinking that the holiday is going to be spoiled slightly should I die of Yellow Fever half way through.
Oh, also Visas as well (I know I'm asking alot but this is the first time I've been on a big holiday and I'm a bit of a div when it comes to all this stuff). Any idea how early I will need to apply for a visa (I assume I'll need one???????)
Thanks for any info provided.
Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,
Glad to see youve taken the plunge and opted for Wildwings.
Yes you do need a visa, Wildwings will explain all this to you as well as the need for imunisation in a pack they will send.
I got all the usual jags from my local nurse but I had to go to a travel clinic for my Yellow Fever jag which cost around £10-£15.
As for the visa you will have go or send off your passport to the Chinese Embasy or local consulate, I went to mine situated in Edinburgh.
It was a case of leaving it and picking it up the next day at a cost of £25 I think.
As a northern lad the climate was tee shirt and shorts weather though not particuarly warm. If theres rain and wind as it was one day it can get quite cool.
Once up in the mountains it was very chilly particuarly in the mornings.
A good tip is travel light as far as clothing is concerned as the hotel at Behidahe provided an excellent laundry service.
We were all shocked and amazed at one of our party who turned up with a bag that consisted of a few pairs shorts and tee shirts and little else.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. My main concern was that I would need to get immunisations etc. quite early on but I'll just wait for Wildwings to send out the info. All I can do now is just count down the hours and minutes until May!
Cheers
Regards
Chris

went last year with wildwings,superb holiday,touristy bit was so so,but the birding???,well i let you be blown away especially magic wood,lotus hills for the needletails,and pied harriers............just f*%^£ng wow

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back