• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bausch & Lomb 10x42 Elite Eyecups (1 Viewer)

peak4

Hi Folks, I've just picked up a pair of very nice used B&L 10x42 Elites 62-4210
I knew when I got them that one of the alloy twist up eyecups was damaged, but expected to be able to get a replacement from Bushnell UK. It seems that neither they nor Germany stock spares for this model as they claim it's over 10 years old; they can't even supply rubber eyepiece covers or lens caps. (Seems odd then that the documentation supplied with them is copyrighted 2001).
I do have a lathe in the workshop, so I'm sure I can make a pull up, as opposed to twist up, eyecup using the old rubber, but I was wondering if anyone else has come up against the same problem and how they cured it.

The body of the binocular underneath the eyepiece is 35mm and the twist up alloy tube has a loose double start helix groove inside it, which engages on two small rollers protruding from opposite sides of the the main body. Does anyone know if another model uses a similar arrangement.

Also does anyone know how to date them from the serial number; Bushnell UK claim not to have any records, though to be fair they were originally a US purchase.

Anyone know who made these for B&L, they say Made in Japan.

Finally, does anyone have an e-mail address for Bushnell USA, I'm struggling to find one on thier web site.

Many Thanks for the help in advance.

That's the model that preceded the current Bushnell Elite, so unless time has gone by much faster than I realize, it is definitely not 10 years old (it might be only 4 years old). I'd be VERY SURPRISED if the Bushnell headquarters (in Lenexa, KS USA) didn't have the part because last I checked they still had the fold-down eyecups for the version that preceded yours. Sorry I don't have an e-mail for Bushnell--I checked all my paperwork from them (lab slips etc) and it is all addresses and phone numbers.

--AP

Last edited:
Bushnell's website provides the following information:

UNITED STATES
Bushnell Corporation
9200 Cody
Overland Park, KS 66214-1734

Important Phone Numbers:
In Kansas City area - (913) 752-3400
Consumers - (800) 423-3537
Dealers - (800) 221-9035
Fax - (913) 752-3550

Their European Address is also listed:
Bushnell-Europe
4 rue Diderot
92150 Suresnes
FranceImportant Phone Numbers:
Voice - 33141449480
Fax - 33141440609

No e-mail address was listed on the website

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back