• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TCON 17 Converter Purchase (1 Viewer)

Wild Bill

United Kingdom
Having looked at all the great results people are getting with the TCON 17 converter I thought I would get one.

I have heard there are fake TCON lenses on the market. Is there any way of telling before you buy? I've looked at various sites including Ebay and note there are big price differences. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know much about camera stores and websites in UK, but surely there are reputable places to buy equipment, where you know you are getting proper merchandise. I say this because the TCON-17 has always seemed to me to have a pretty low price anyway, so there isn't much need to hunt for a bargain. I mean, you can get it at Adorama (USA website) for $93. How much lower could it be?

Cactusdave, thanks for the link and the advice, appreciated.

Rah, there certainly are many reputable shops to purchace this lense from in the UK. $93 new is very cheap, in the UK you could say an average TCON 17 converter would be the equivalent dollar price i.e £93. Bargain hunting is all part of the fun;)

Thanks for your replies:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back