• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Balsall Heath Iceland Gull (1 Viewer)

Rob what makes you think its a sinesis race cormorant ? I don't know much about them but was told its down to the angle of the gular pouch.

The Iceland Gull flew of at 9.30 this morning we got there at 10.30 and it didn't come back till 1.30 :)

The folks who were at the Waxwings on Windermere Road must have seen it shortly before I arrived there then. Apologies for the incorrect info.

The Iceland Gull had a good fly around a couple of times whilst I was there. A ghostly sight, it must look amazing in the Arctic light.

Just read it all so many people think its too do with the white plumage but are cormorants have different amounts of white when in breeding plumage I think the only realiable way to tell for sure is the angle of the gular pouch :)

Your welcome thats an interesting page thank you for sharing :) Its so interesting learning about subspecies although I dont think I would ever actually be able to accurately ID one when birding think thats way above my head lol ;)

Iceland still at Swanshurst Park yesterday at least til 3:30pm. Later roosted at Bartley. Has remained faithful to these two sites for at least 33 days. Must be a West Mids record for a small urban Pool withou an adjacent Tip.

Iceland still at Swanshurst Park yesterday at least til 3:30pm. Later roosted at Bartley. Has remained faithful to these two sites for at least 33 days. Must be a West Mids record for a small urban Pool withou an adjacent Tip.

Still there today at 1230 at least. Managed to connect with the little cracker on my third attempt. As you say, it must be a county record for this type of site. Let's hope it stays a while longer.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back