• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

I've been watching this thread and have been fascinated. I think because I use photoshop all day at work it has lost it's 'fun' appeal for me...But you may just tempt me to fiddle about a bit sometime.

Mike

I always succumb to temptations Woody....[if there is potential for 'fun' to be had]..!

Can understand that if you are using PS all day then the fun-factor will have trickled away a tad...[probably several 'tads'];)

Perhaps you may be the person to enlighten us novice practitioners on the delights and pitfalls of photoshop..? Having said that...if i were in your situation i would not want to be educating folk on-line here after being on the pc all day....!

Am pleased that you have been fascinated with the 'goings on' here;) I had hoped that if there were sufficient interest that other folk may contribute some of their 'works' for all to see...

Recently, owing to the forces of 'reality', i haven't had the time lately for much tinkering with images...tho i seem to have been unable to resist 'playing' with an adder 'skin' that i found last year. We watched battling male adders at a local site at this time and it left quite an impression on me....amazing creatures.....

Attachments

• 010 - Copy.jpg
    010 - Copy.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 87
  • 001 - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 86
Been playing around...[as usual]....this time with leopards...

Have only seen this magnificent creature on one unforgettable occasion....!

ps...will perhaps post a few more images based on the 'attacks' of these beautiful beasts....[tho i warn you now...they are a tad bizarre]:eek!:...still....what would you expect from the likes of me....;)

Attachments

• 012 - Copy.jpg
    012 - Copy.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 016 - Copy.jpg
    016 - Copy.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 89
Second one - now that's one eerie image - I won't be able to sleep tonight! It holds all the latent menace of the big cats in a very understated way.

Second one - now that's one eerie image - I won't be able to sleep tonight! It holds all the latent menace of the big cats in a very understated way.

That's the 'effect' i wanted to achieve with that second image Tim...'latent menace'....!

Am still working on the sheer ferocity of a leopard attack in this image....[not quite happy with it yet]....

ps...sleep well...:eek!:

pps...i promise to post more relaxing images in the future....;)

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 82
Away from all things 'predatory' for the moment...just thought i'd whack a few pix up that i took today whilst ambling around on my local patch.
As birds were far and few between my attentions were...as usual...diverted by other visual pleasures provided by nature and the winter elements...

ps...the 'odd' black n blue image is melting ice from a skylight inside a drying barn....

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 74
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 82
There's definitely something of the Goldsworthy in your work and in your vision, User - very appealing and somewhat challenging too - keep 'em coming!

Away from all things 'predatory' for the moment...just thought i'd whack a few pix up that i took today whilst ambling around on my local patch.
As birds were far and few between my attentions were...as usual...diverted by other visual pleasures provided by nature and the winter elements...

ps...the 'odd' black n blue image is melting ice from a skylight inside a drying barn....

I saw these chaps again yesterday and thought of you (hope that's not too troubling an idea). They are formed by splashed paint in the underpass to my local train station of all things, but everyday I walk past (over) them I think of tadpoley pondworks and all.

No photoshopping on this one, but I did cheat a little by irrigating them in situ (with a bottle of water rather than other methods time-honoured in this underpass) so the blacks were more shiny..

Attachments

• 550 DSC_0025 copy.jpg
    550 DSC_0025 copy.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 550 DSC_0026 copy.jpg
    550 DSC_0026 copy.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 84
I saw these chaps again yesterday and thought of you (hope that's not too troubling an idea). They are formed by splashed paint in the underpass to my local train station of all things, but everyday I walk past (over) them I think of tadpoley pondworks and all.

No photoshopping on this one, but I did cheat a little by irrigating them in situ (with a bottle of water rather than other methods time-honoured in this underpass) so the blacks were more shiny..

Astounding.

Hey Ed...love those shots...thanks for posting..! [Glad i'm not the only 'bonkers one' who's eye is attracted to such natural 'designs'].....;)

ps....Tim...to my great and eternal shame i had never heard of the artist 'Goldsworthy'..:eek!: Just googled him....superb 'works'....absolutely love his 'stuff'...[he must be a kindred alien spirit o mine]...;)
Many thanks for bringing him to my attention....:t:

Altered image from today....[i believe an 'owl' is forming]....;)

ps....okay...i'm off for a beer now....good health to you all...B :)

Attachments

• 022 - Copy.jpg
    022 - Copy.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 022 - Copy (2).jpg
    022 - Copy (2).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 022 - Copy (3).jpg
    022 - Copy (3).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 65
  • 022 - Copy (4).jpg
    022 - Copy (4).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 73
Well...just to inform you that the beer last night was excellent as usual...plus...the journey to the pub produced an unexpected surprise...!
A glimpse of car headlights on a passing line of fence posts revealed an owl like shape that materialized from the gloom. My friend thought 'tawny'...i was unconvinced as there seemed something 'not quite right' about it...so we turned the car round to have another look. Within a few minutes we were gazing right into the eyes of a long eared owl...:eek!:....flippin 'wow'..!! This bird seemed pretty un-fussed as we 'pulled up' to within a couple of yards..then my mate says...'there's another owl on a post further up....this one was a barn owl...! So after several minutes 'filling our boots' full of 'owl'...we finally...and very merrily....drove off for a celebration pint. Long eared is very rare round these parts so we were well chuffed....[okay...'story over']...;)

Round about now i was going to load up a load of new images to put before your eyes...but...as the 'management attachment' thingy doesn't seem to be working...[error 404]!....then i guess i'll just have to try again later...

ps..anyone else experiencing difficulties in the picture posting department..?

Computers...don't you just love 'em....?;)

Altered image from today....[i believe an 'owl' is forming]....;)

ps....okay...i'm off for a beer now....good health to you all...B :)

Just back from 3 beers and I'd say more alien child going "oooohhh" than owl...philistine...me?

Just back from 3 beers and I'd say more alien child going "oooohhh" than owl...philistine...me?

Chuckle...!

You think 'those' images are bizzare Mr.McMadd...?

Have a look at some 'stone and shadow' stuff i've been playing with of late...;)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 67
More experimentation with shadows.....[and my fascination with natural forms]....

ps...forgive my self indulgence....;)

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 68
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 65
Waterworld....[but without Kevin Costner]...B :)

Attachments

• DSC03086 - Copy (2).jpg
    DSC03086 - Copy (2).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC03103 - Copy.jpg
    DSC03103 - Copy.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 81
dragonfly is great - interesting how its whole world has become as glasslike as its wings, and the twist in the cormorant is fascinating

and forgot to comment on the forms and shadows, really enjoying looking, so forget to express that with words.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back