• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nobody's perfect... (1 Viewer)

Chilli, chill. Don't waste your time. The Woodpecker never believes anyone who has complaints about Swarovski binoculars. He's never met a Swaro he hasn't liked and doesn't believe a defective one exists unless somebody broke it. Best ignored.

Brock
Quite the contrary. I want facts and no one but the owner has any in this case. It may have happened at the distributor, in his own home or a gremlin may have shown up to cause trouble (sound familiar). Lots of people post lots of "facts" that turn out to be something else altogether. In this case, the owner emphatically stated his position, after I posed alternatives.

You fail to comprehend that your continual barking is not only annoying but completely silly. It's clear you have a major problem with Swarovski's success, the price of their products and the many satisfied customers who simply do not agree with your commentary. We own the brand and are intimately aware of its strengths and weaknesses. If you owned and used a Swarovski your harping might have merit. We own three...one was returned for service.

Happy birding! o:D

Quite the contrary. I want facts and no one but the owner has any in this case. It may have happened at the distributor, in his own home or a gremlin may have shown up to cause trouble (sound familiar). Lots of people post lots of "facts" that turn out to be something else altogether. In this case, the owner emphatically stated his position, after I posed alternatives.

You fail to comprehend that your continual barking is not only annoying but completely silly. It's clear you have a major problem with Swarovski's success, the price of their products and the many satisfied customers who simply do not agree with your commentary. We own the brand and are intimately aware of its strengths and weaknesses. If you owned and used a Swarovski your harping might have merit. We own three...one was returned for service.

Happy birding! o:D

I think they have been trying to tell Dennis the same thing about Zeiss, he doesnt believe it.

I think they have been trying to tell Dennis the same thing about Zeiss, he doesnt believe it.

Same old tripe, don't fall for it even if he isn't being vitriolic at the moment. He doesn't believe ANY complains by members even from those who own Swarovski binoculars, and he has just proved that again with Chilli. Just click on his name and go back and check his posts, and you'll find this pattern of denials to be consistent in all the years he's been posting on BF. Even Arthur commented on this, and it's hard to find a more even-handed member than Arthur.

He keeps insisting that only ownership over time not merely trying Swaros gives one the right to comment on the brand, and that's because he has owned Swaros for a long time, and therefore his premise sets himself up as an authority not to be questioned. If he doesn't find an issue with Swaros, there is no issue. When other diehard fans declare problems mentioned on the forums to be 'non-issues, he echoes their sentiment, or in this last case, posts an clapping hand similie.

I've tried samples from friends who loaned them to me for over a month, and I think that's long enough to find out if they work or don't work properly, particularly since those samples have ranged in age from nearly brand new to nine years old to 20 years old. The span of their age and of the other samples I've tried for shorter periods, which included a year-old EL, a five-year old SLC, and a brand new SLC, obviates his premise.

<B>

For the record, Brock has never laid eyes on a Swaro from the current line-up. He saw one previous-generation 10x42 SLC HD, the close focus one. He obviously liked it because that’s the one-and-only Swaro he tells everyone to consider. Same with the 32mm Terra. He managed to see one somehow and now it’s his big-time recommendation.

After 5-6 years he’s never yet seen an SV but he mounted a one-man campaign to essentially warn people about them. I ignored the warnings and now my two SV’s are rock-solid favorites. I once explained that the focus on both is fine and he said I was just “lucky.” You can look it up.

Eight bucks in gas would let him see anything Swaro offers. Not a chance of that happening.

As for Dennis, he’s a goof who changes his mind all the time. But I personally find it fun to watch. He once wrote a great, ranting compendium against the SV’s that made me laugh. I wish I could find it (Dennis, do you know where it is? The one about the kaleidoscope rolling ball and the too-long strap that let the bino hit you in the lederhosen and made you yodel, etc., etc.?). Classic Dennis. He’s like a big puppy at a picnic. You just know something will go wrong. But, unlike Brock, he actually tries everything. There isn’t much on the market he hasn’t looked through after all. He’s a little preoccupied with the 10x50 SV right now, but he’ll get around to looking through an SF soon enough—and probably change his mind about it. He would have done that already but like he says high-end Zeiss can be hard to come by in this country. That’s been my experience too.

Brock, on the other hand, will be in his optical bunker for the duration, hammering on about the same-old, same-old. No first-hand accounts of anything. Just second-hand rehash distilled to 80 proof "Achilles' heels."

And I shall be out and about,

Mark

I'm going out, in a little while, to celebrate the one year anniversary of the arrival of my EL SV 10X42 .... and they still impress me every time I look through them.

Same old tripe, don't fall for it even if he isn't being vitriolic at the moment. He doesn't believe ANY complains by members even from those who own Swarovski binoculars, and he has just proved that again with Chilli. Just click on his name and go back and check his posts, and you'll find this pattern of denials to be consistent in all the years he's been posting on BF. Even Arthur commented on this, and it's hard to find a more even-handed member than Arthur.

He keeps insisting that only ownership over time not merely trying Swaros gives one the right to comment on the brand, and that's because he has owned Swaros for a long time, and therefore his premise sets himself up as an authority not to be questioned. If he doesn't find an issue with Swaros, there is no issue. When other diehard fans declare problems mentioned on the forums to be 'non-issues, he echoes their sentiment, or in this last case, posts an clapping hand similie.

I've tried samples from friends who loaned them to me for over a month, and I think that's long enough to find out if they work or don't work properly, particularly since those samples have ranged in age from nearly brand new to nine years old to 20 years old. The span of their age and of the other samples I've tried for shorter periods, which included a year-old EL, a five-year old SLC, and a brand new SLC, obviates his premise.

<B>
Brock, you are deluding yourself. I am well aware of all the issues you've incessantly elevated to DEFCON1 status. Your logic is nonsense. Of course there's some rolling ball that will affect a percentage of users and others will complain about a focus wheel that behaves much better than original Ultravids (I owned one, sampled many and they all were "notchy") but so what? I don't recall a never-ending diatribe from you about Leica's and, trust me,:t:, that was a sticky focus. Lots of Leica owners knew it and still bought and used the binocular.

Clearly, you have a beef with Swarovski. I've asked you several pointed questions you conveniently ignore. What more can I say. You want them to produce a product according to your specifications. Many thousands of happy customers disagree with you and they do so with their pocketbooks. Obviously, the issues you want to war about are, to many happy users, non-issues. Or they're just a bunch of dummies not reading your BF posts.

PS
Arthur and I go back some...he doesn't like the SE; I do. I fully understand and respect his opinion and he mine. You'll notice we never beat our drums or go to war over it.

Happy Birding! :hi:

He’s a little preoccupied with the 10x50 SV right now, but he’ll get around to looking through an SF soon enough—and probably change his mind about it. He would have done that already but like he says high-end Zeiss can be hard to come by in this country. That’s been my experience too.

He will probably declare the SF to be the best thing evah! But only after pumping and dumping the 10x50 EL SV! ;)

He already dumped the 8x32 EL SV, at least verbally! :-O

HN

He will probably declare the SF to be the best thing evah! But only after pumping and dumping the 10x50 EL SV! ;)

He already dumped the 8x32 EL SV, at least verbally! :-O

HN

I think it's gone daddy gone if he can figure out how to do it and save face.

Update...

So quick update…
I got the EL SVs back TODAY…..15 day turnaround including shipping and weekends….THAT'S pretty good!

Problem with the armoring around the objective is repaired and they also included a checklist of basically EVERYTHING else. Binoculars look new.

So quick update…
I got the EL SVs back TODAY…..15 day turnaround including shipping and weekends….THAT'S pretty good!

Problem with the armoring around the objective is repaired and they also included a checklist of basically EVERYTHING else. Binoculars look new.

Good to hear Chill, look like the guys at SONA do take their reputation seriously, really cool that they checked everything and even include a checklist of it:t:
Turnaround is really fast as well. Now use it more than you did, and please tell us how they compare to your HT, looking forward to your opinion|=)|

Gijs

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back