• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I spy a robin's nest (1 Viewer)

curiouscat27

Hello everyone!

I have recently discovered a robin's nest outside my apartment's window. So far there are two eggs in the nest! We have a couple questions though-

1. Will a window air conditioning unit about 10 feet away from the nest disturb the bird?

2. We have two cats that enjoy spying on the nest from inside the window, about 5 feet away. Is this a problem?

We are bird novices looking forward to witnessing the miracle of life!

Thank you!

Hi curiouscat I see this is your first post, so may I welcome you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

If the birds have nested already, they'll be quite used to the air conditioning unit, so they should be OK with that.

Is this nest over a balcony? The cats would only be a problem if you let them out there, particularly when the young ones fledge.

It would be nice if you could try and provide them with some food and a dish of water - have a look in my Gallery and you'll see what fun you can have with a window feeder!

D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back