• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northwest Florida Panhandle (1 Viewer)

jeffb1269

Hi all, I wanted to build some birdhouses in the back yard yet.... I have no idea what kind of birds live in the area. I'm new to birds and to the Florida panhandle. We have some bird house building books, like I said just don't know what kind of birds live around here. Thanks for any help, Jeff.

What kind of habitat do you have in your yard? If it is wooded, then almost certainly there will be Tufted Titmice, Carolina Wrens and Carolina Chickadees around, as well as Eastern Screech-Owl. If you have a large grassy lawn with a few scattered trees, you may have Eastern Bluebirds.

The yard is open with some yellow pine trees and a couple of white oaks. Back yard is relatively shallow with a right of way access running behind it and in between there and the Interstate is about 30 ' of intermixed woods.

Thanks for the help I spent about two hours on google trying to figure this out on our own.

I was wondering if purple martins would be in the area as they are insect eaters. Or if anyone could recommend another type of birdhouse for similar reasons.

Again, thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back