• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recycling Ideas (1 Viewer)

Most bird enthusiasts are also keen gardeners. Gardeners are always exchanging ideas on recycling and using unusual objects to save on their hobby. I'd be interested in any recycling ideas anyone has for looking after birds to pass onto friends and colleagues. I'm a member of a local garden club, running the bird side of things to ensure they all have our little friends at heart. I make nest boxes of all varieties from recycled or second hand wood, bird tables and feeders, all at reduced prices with the proceeds going to club funds. Any new ideas would be great.

Hello troglodytes
I've had great success with robins nesting in an old teapot wedged in honeysuckle, and spout facing down for drainage. When I came to clean it last week, a mouse shot out of it! They can be picked up in charity shops for a few pence -teapots, that is!
Mary

Cut a plastic drink bottle (2 litre) in half, remove the top and use the top section as a scoop for bird feed to fill the feeders without wastage.

helenol said:
Talking about teapots, have a look at the following link. A perfect example of what Mary talks about.

WOW! thats one huge chick! me thinks it's ate all its brothers and sisters to get that big!!!! :eek!:

salty said:
helenol said:
Talking about teapots, have a look at the following link. A perfect example of what Mary talks about.

WOW! thats one huge chick! me thinks it's ate all its brothers and sisters to get that big!!!! :eek!:
It was, after all, a cuckoo in there. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back