• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

can't see thumbnail images (1 Viewer)

paulsullivan

Just recently when i go onto the bird ID forum i cannot see any thumbnail images that are attached to qeuries; anyone know why? :h?:
Paul

Could you see them before?

Try to right click on them - click "Show picture". That sometimes works. I've noticed a number of Amazon Book's pages lack images today - don't know if that's connected. I think the Internet has quirks some days!

Odds bodikins - no empty box with a red cross? Now that's really odd - except that I don't think the thumbnail code is like that - there is no 'image placeholder' for them, for a start. But, I think there's been a post on this before, although I can't remember what came of it. I've no idea what to suggest - and from the lack of replies no one else does either!

If the change just happened, I'd use Windows' 'System Restore' to revcert your PC back to a time when all was well (if you have Win 200 / XP / Me, that is). Let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
Go to the 'My Profile' menu, click 'Edit Options'

Halfway down the page:

Visible Post Elements
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
- Show Signatures
- Show Avatars
- Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

Make sure the last one is checked.

Ollie

Thanks ,have looked at the options mentioned and they are all checked, but have noticed that i have a small invisible selectable area where the thumbnail should be(about 2 characters width)that i can select and then right click open which will open the image: strange but it works, so will do it this way now. Thanks to everyone who contributed
Paul B :)

If you're using IE6 and WinXP, I'm flummoxed. Have you tried right-clicking on that small area and seeing any worthwhile options?

Am using ie6 and xp, also refreshing does not change it, but never mind i can view them using the method i mentioned previously

thanks

Paul

paulsullivan said:
Am using ie6 and xp, also refreshing does not change it, but never mind i can view them using the method i mentioned previously

thanks

Paul
If 'System Restore' does not resolve the problem, I would reinstall XP "over itself" - easily done and foolproof. It fixes most problems such as those you've encountered and retains all your settings.

Paul,

I can (deliberately) replicate your problem by using certain options in WebWasher - a pop-up/script/image suppressor I swear by.

You don't use that do you?

blythkeith said:
Paul,

I can (deliberately) replicate your problem by using certain options in WebWasher - a pop-up/script/image suppressor I swear by.

You don't use that do you?
I don't use webwasher and think it is caused by zone alarm which i will adress tomorrow

cheers
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back