• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'killer snakes' in London (1 Viewer)

My sister visited London Zoo yesterday and accidentally bumped into two aesculapian snakes. I now hate her, of course.

I'm thinking of going this coming Sunday - I think it will be warm enough. I don't know much about specifics of where and when to look for them, but I can't stand being accidentally gripped by my little sister!

My sister visited London Zoo yesterday and accidentally bumped into two aesculapian snakes. I now hate her, of course.

I'm thinking of going this coming Sunday - I think it will be warm enough. I don't know much about specifics of where and when to look for them, but I can't stand being accidentally gripped by my little sister!

Details of which cages to look at/next to would be nice: PM if you can get them - no need to let the authorities have a free shot!

John

Details of which cages to look at/next to would be nice: PM if you can get them - no need to let the authorities have a free shot!

John

I would try looking in and around any empty cages. Clearly, if they can eat children, they'll happily munch their way through anything smaller than a Chimpanzee!

John

John,

generally the sightings in the zoo are in the same areas we are searching outside if that makes sense, but this may be different.

Mark

If the weather looks conducive and there aren't any megas I need to go for, I'm gonna have a crack on Sunday.

My intention will be to recce the canal zone in the morning and then actually have a zoo visit; happy to join up and for that matter to yell over the fence later if I find one ZSL side.

John

Had a brief effort along the canal yesterday approx. 7:15-8:00 (sunny morning), and then today 12:15-13:00 (sun breaking through after a cloudy morning) without any luck. Tried several times now. Always true my findings skills are not the best. Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back