• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Picasa2 (1 Viewer)

Talon 1

Anyone have this software?

I found it great but when i had done my editing when i tried to 'EXPORT' to an external disc it totally lost all its Editing when i played back the disc?

So it seems that i am not 'Saving as' somewhere before i EXPORT unless something is wrong on the way to my external drive?
But where i do not know.

Anyone throw any light on this?

Many thanks

Alli & Dave Free said:
Anyone have this software?

I found it great but when i had done my editing when i tried to 'EXPORT' to an external disc it totally lost all its Editing when i played back the disc?

So it seems that i am not 'Saving as' somewhere before i EXPORT unless something is wrong on the way to my external drive?
But where i do not know.

Anyone throw any light on this?

Many thanks

Hello Alli and Dave

I've been using Picasa 1 now 2, for sometime I think you may have to change the file name because Edits via Picasa will not allow changes to the original file. I only use Picasa/Hello for sending and receiving images, I do my editing in Photoshop CS2. Picasa is great for creating blogs and managing your images but you need to install Hello for that to work.

Roy.

Alli and Dave,do you put the original images in your basic picture gallery eg XP before you open in Picasa.You will still have the originals.I have been fiddling around in Picasa every since it was mentioned on the forum.I found that sometimes on opening images edited in Picasa they came up in notepad in text.So I make a new folder in XP called "Picasa,and when I have edited an image in the prog,and want to export it,I send to that particular folder,then I can find,and send etc.But it can be somewhat complicated.I think it is a great prog,makes a good collage at one click of a button.

I love it but that is the only hiccup. when the images are loaded up they go into picasa as well as my pictures. picasa when i first loaded it entered every picture on the pc!
I have a D70 and had a rather nice picture which i wanted to blow up to 15x10. The size was set on 'Fine' on the D70 and i played around on picasa with it. Showing full size 3008/... it looked good but when transferred to disc all the editing (no cropping by the way) mainly just one click on sharpen and one on light had gone and i was back with the original.
its driving me nuts!

Step by Step guidance please from the end of editing to placing the finished article (identicle in edit and size) on disc.

You would have my gratitude.

Thanks already for your views

Alli & Dave Free said:
I love it but that is the only hiccup. when the images are loaded up they go into picasa as well as my pictures. picasa when i first loaded it entered every picture on the pc!
I have a D70 and had a rather nice picture which i wanted to blow up to 15x10. The size was set on 'Fine' on the D70 and i played around on picasa with it. Showing full size 3008/... it looked good but when transferred to disc all the editing (no cropping by the way) mainly just one click on sharpen and one on light had gone and i was back with the original.
its driving me nuts!

Step by Step guidance please from the end of editing to placing the finished article (identicle in edit and size) on disc.

You would have my gratitude.

Thanks already for your views

Hello Alli & Dave

Picasa will search your drives for any images, it will put them in folders. You can edit this in Picture Management..tell it what you don't want.

I save all my images on my Slave drive after they have been removed from the camera into photoshop for editing. What ever folder name they have been saved...Picasa will collect them and save into a folder with the same name. You will see them as thumbnail or you can double click and view the image in its saved resolution size.

If you do any editing using Picasa, go to File, Save as Copy this will put an extention onto the original file name. But Picasa will only retrieve the original image unless you delete it but save the copy. I have tested this before replying so it does work. If you don't choose Save as Copy it will not alter the original file.

If I was you I would not bother trying to make changes using Picasa, may I advise you to use another enhancing software...ie: PS or other. I just used Picasa with Hello to send or receive pictures or to create my blog.

http://roys.photos.blogspot.com - click on Aircraft link.

Hope this will help, sorry not very good at explaining via text.

Roy.

HI,

Thanks, I have been given Photoshop 7 by a mate who has shot off to Australia for a couple of months.
I say that as he has left his manual in his house.So here we go again, if anyone has this one then help required.

Feel like a real dumbass now but who cares :bounce:

Thanks for your replies

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back