• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

R.I.P Jim Morris (1 Viewer)

Quacker

Hello all.

Just called to advise that Jim Morris, a regular poster on the ex-beeb forum lost his battle with cancer, somewhat fittingly at 11.11am on Sunday 11th.

I know Jim loved to post on the ex-beebers site and post some of his lovely photographs on here too. I spoke to his wife, Rose, today and she asked me to let people know via the forums. I met Jim on several trips, northeast, S Yorks, E. Yorks, Lancs - even the Birdfair at Rutland Water.

A larger than life character - a cheeky cockney chappie (well, Isle of Sheppey, Kent) who made his home in retirement in Staffordshire. And loved his birds and in his latter years photographing them.

R.I.P mate - great knowing you.

Thank you for letting us know about Jim.I for one often wonder why familiar names are missing and dare not ask why.
May he indeed R.I.P.

SINCERELY mauricek

Hi there

So very sorry to hear about Jim. :-C

I have not been posting on the x-Beebs very much due to on-going issues that need resolved in my own life. So if I have overlooked any situations like this one - my apologies in advance!

Jim was a dedicated poster, and he loved to talk about birds in a big way as they where part of his passion in life :-O

RIP Jim and it was good knowing you on the The Bird Forum

Regards
Kathy
x

I met Jim through the Ex Beebs forum, he was a lovely man with
a fantastic sense of humour and I am going to miss him a lot!

Condolences and best wishes to Rose and his family

Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back