• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dove Cam- QuickTime video (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
This is for Tammie and anyone else who likes mourning doves.

Here we have 3 minutes of uninterrupted dove business. A little Cardinal at the front and a titmouse at the rear. The dove bit is continuous- no cuts or edits. It goes on like this for pretty long stretches and many times a day. I think this is where most of the sunflower seeds go- and the doves do not open the seeds to get the good stuff, they eat the whole thing, shell and all- how primitive. Video is 6.7 mb.

DoveCam

Wonderful, Alan, thanks! What was that bird calling in the background for most of the video, real loud?? Never heard that before.

I cannot imagine having so many doves in one shot ALL the time. Fascinating!

Tammie- I think that is a wren- but I am not sure. I am not that accomplished at knowing the bird by call only. But- my money is on the wren.

And Henry- You need the QuickTime player, an apple program available for free download HERE

Install the player on your computer and if you have a broadband connection to the internet, you should be able to view the videos. The average size of the movies is 6mb- They can take a couple minutes to download. If you have a slow connection it will take a lot longer. I wish you good luck and I hope you can see the vids.

Alan

alarson2 said:
Tammie- I think that is a wren- but I am not sure. I am not that accomplished at knowing the bird by call only. But- my money is on the wren.

Alan

Really?? I've heard many people talk about how loud those little buggers are but I've never heard one before. If that's what this one is, then WOW! They weren't kidding!!

WoW alarson, Now thats nice. I love it. I watched quite a few of your viedo's.
Will go back and watch more.

Gone Birding, Amelia~~~~ who has spent all day on this forum. :eek!: :gn:

crickieheather said:
I always love your viddies. Do you have a hummingbird feeder? Do you plan on getting any clips of hummingbirds this spring/summer?

I wish I could! I have never seen a hummer here once. I have had a feeder hanging out there for 6 years. I change the sweet water once a week but still, I have never had a hummingbird here. When and if I ever do, it will probably be on the day I have sent my camcorder back for maintenance.

Amelia said:
WoW alarson, Now thats nice. I love it. I watched quite a few of your viedo's.
Will go back and watch more.

Gone Birding, Amelia~~~~ who has spent all day on this forum. :eek!: :gn:

Thanks Amelia. I am happy that you like them- It means a lot that you would take the time to tell me.

alarson2 said:
I wish I could! I have never seen a hummer here once. I have had a feeder hanging out there for 6 years. I change the sweet water once a week but still, I have never had a hummingbird here. When and if I ever do, it will probably be on the day I have sent my camcorder back for maintenance.

How odd. You're not that far from me, but I got three the first year I hung my feeder out. I even hung it out late, in August! They still found it. I live in an apartment complex even. Maybe there's just not enought red around to attract them?

I have no doubt that I am doing something wrong- The feeder is in the wrong place, or it's the wrong style- something is amiss for sure. I just don't know what. I have it on my deck with the main feeder- maybe it's too close to all the other bird activity but I want to video it- so I would like to be able to see it from my window. I don't know- I will keep it there but I do not expect much to happen.

Alan

Alan, try putting something red nearby.... wrap the hook in red ribbon.... place a planter of red flowers nearby, etc.

Can't guarantee it'll work but it might help.

I keep one hummer feeder separate from everything else, way over on the other side of the house but I have one within 15 feet of the major backyard activity. Last summer, I had a hummer going to sit in the trees with all the other birds and none of them bothered each other.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back