• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

28mm binoculars (1 Viewer)

I went looking for the Brunton Echo at the Flagship REI store (I can hear the wind in the sails and the wooden posts creaking) and they didn't have that out. I was rather hoping to try it too.

I believe I ended up trying the blister pack double hinge Brunton 8x28 (which is the Lite Tech?) which was spectacularly bad (o-oh, rainbows from the mercury discharge lamps!).

That said the Echo doesn't have phase correction so the Excursion and the Swift Reliant would probably best it. If you try out the latter let us know ;)

I went looking for the Brunton Echo at the Flagship REI store (I can hear the wind in the sails and the wooden posts creaking) and they didn't have that out. I was rather hoping to try it too.

I believe I ended up trying the blister pack double hinge Brunton 8x28 (which is the Lite Tech?) which was spectacularly bad (o-oh, rainbows from the mercury discharge lamps!).

That said the Echo doesn't have phase correction so the Excursion and the Swift Reliant would probably best it. If you try out the latter let us know ;)

Not yet, went to Cabela the other day, they don't have it. REI only carries REI, Brunton and Nikon.

To get totally off topic: remember when REI really was a co-op and they'd gang together to buy "good stuff" (climbing rope) at a reasoanble price point (in bulk!). The prices today are poor and the selection is mediocre. No Leupold Yosemites? No Vortex? No Bushnell's even. The Nikon's are good but expensive.

And the REI own brand are a bit variable but OK. Some of their demo bins at the flagship like their REI 8x25 the focus is terrible with noticeable backlash.

I guess I've not forgiven them for moving from CapHill to the flagship store ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back