• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey update (1 Viewer)

dicklynch

Morning,

I made it back to Ft Belvoir yesterday and the ospreys are settling in. Saw birds on 4 nests that included the nest I saw on Monday w/an osprey and three others that were empty on Monday.

I watched one nest for most of the time that is on the water. While I was there two ospreys were rebuilding this nest. The weather nearly destroyed this nest over the winter and they were very busy. If I can attached pix this will be the nest w/an osprey and a crow and an osprey taking a lunch break and an osprey working on the rebuilding.

The nest I saw Monday came through the winter in very good condition. Hope you can see the "grass" growing on the top of the nest.

Saw several osprey flying but have no way to know if I saw them on nests prior to seeing them airborne.

Additionally I saw three bald eagles. Two adults and one immature. Was there about 4 hours, it was a great day.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Ciao

Dick

Attachments

• DSCN4590.JPG
    DSCN4590.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN4595.JPG
    DSCN4595.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4626.JPG
    DSCN4626.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4646.JPG
    DSCN4646.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMGP6171.JPG
    IMGP6171.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back