• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uk Marine Conservation Zones (1 Viewer)

Idle Valley Birder

An Idle Valley Birder
I recently wrote to my MP asking him to speak to the minister for 'Natural Environment & Fisheries' on my behalf.
My question was... Why this government have done a U-Turn on the 127 recommended sites that were to be included as Marine Conservation Zones?

I have now received a reply from the minister 'Richard Benyon MP' who assures me that all 127 recommended sites will be included in the public consultation next year. :t: He also stated that he is likely to designate first, only those with clear strong evidence in 2013, which is a bit worrying (as he did not say how many) and that other sites will follow, once all additional work is compleeted and the evidence base has been strengthened. :-C

The public consultation will be an opportunity for every interested and caring person and stakeholders, to make their views heard.

The minister also said he would continue to engage with the 'Wildlife Trust' which for me is a real worry. As they can't even protect my local SSSI reserve or it's wildlife, from a few Off-roaders and the local irresponsible dog walkers. Let alone fight for the protection of the entire UK coastline. (Rant over)

It would appear we will not get another chance to comment folks, so lets all make our voices heard eh!. Before it's too late!!!!!!

(See commons statement - Timetable for delivery of designated sites below)

http://www.publications.parliament....111115/wmstext/111115m0001.htm#11111551000014

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back