• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First impressions/pics with the new 30D. (1 Viewer)

senatore

I have only been out with the new 30D (with my old 400f 5.6 lens) for an hour but following advice from other threads on settings etc. I shot down to a local patch between the storms we have been having round here.

So far I am very impressed with my purchase.

The extra weight of the 30D over the 350D did not turn out to be much of a problem as I thought it was going to be and the balance between lens and camera when hand holding was OK.Mind you I was only walking around for an hour so a longer visit may tell a different story.

The shutter noise was a little louder than the 350D but it was not a problem.

The AF seemed to be very fast.

As I say I've only used the camera for an hour but the controls seemed well placed.

Spot metering seems to be a great feature and it allows me in a lot of shots not to worry about EC.

I'm sure in the next few weeks I will find out more about the camera.

Here a some of the first pics. I have picked the better ones of course but there seemed to be less throwaways.I did have some failures particularly with a pair of Hobbies against a bright sky where cranking up the EC to mark 1 was not enough and I ended up with loads of black shapes.

Max.

Attachments

• IMG_0021 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0021 (Medium).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0056 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0056 (Medium).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0078 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0078 (Medium).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0147 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0147 (Large).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 210
Lookin good, Max. Very nice shots for a first outing. I really like my 20D and 400 prime. Am sure you will find the 30 even better.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back