• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raw Image Viewing (1 Viewer)

birdeast

I am not very experienced with photo imaging programs. I just downloaded FastStone so that I might more easily view my *.nef files. Picture project provided with my Nikon D50 is just too slow and I didnt like the way it was 'messing' around with other image files already on my computer.

Anyway, when I open a folder, the images all appear (in 'natural' colour the way I shot them) as thumbs in the main window. In the bigger window in the bottom left side of screen is the first image. This image is not in the same colour as the one in thumb view. The colours are totally 'wrong' for lack of a better term. In PS, I always select 'uncompensated RGB' under view to see exactly what I shot. Can someone give me some advice on how I can get the preview to appear in the same 'natural' color as the thumbnail???

birdeast said:
I am not very experienced with photo imaging programs. I just downloaded FastStone so that I might more easily view my *.nef files. Picture project provided with my Nikon D50 is just too slow and I didnt like the way it was 'messing' around with other image files already on my computer.

Anyway, when I open a folder, the images all appear (in 'natural' colour the way I shot them) as thumbs in the main window. In the bigger window in the bottom left side of screen is the first image. This image is not in the same colour as the one in thumb view. The colours are totally 'wrong' for lack of a better term. In PS, I always select 'uncompensated RGB' under view to see exactly what I shot. Can someone give me some advice on how I can get the preview to appear in the same 'natural' color as the thumbnail???

Try downloading NikonView from the Nikon website (assuming it is still available). I use it and it works wonderfully for displaying .NEF, .TIF, and .JPG images.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back