• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red kites in the Chilterns (1 Viewer)

Henry Villiers

Can any one tell me, exactly where the winter roost for the Red Kites in the Stokenchurch region (M40) is, I have been looking and looking, thanks Henry

Hello Henry and welcome to Birdforum.net

There are a number of roosts in the Chilterns. One of them is only viewable from a private estate though. There are organised walks, if you want I can give you more information regarding the walks. Drive around the Stokenchurch/Radnage/Chinnor/Lewknor area and you are sure to see a number of the kites flying around the villages and fields.

Salty - however did you guess ;)

Regards

salty said:
hello, welcome to bird forum! - i bet helenol knows - she will no doubt be replying shortly!

my god the man must be a mind reader ;)

Hi Henry welcome to BF. Helen will be able to give you all the details.

Hello Henry and welcome to BirdForum from those of us on staff.

See! It didn't take long to get an answer. That's what is so great about this site. Ask a question and you get an answer ;)

thank you very much, I have driven around the area for years it is amazing the amount of birds. Info on those walks would be fantastic ! off to Minmere now, look forward to your reply, regards Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back