• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Diamondback 7x36 Evaluation. (2 Viewers)

And here I am thinking that X was an infinite number!

Hi Tom;

Actually there are two limiting factors to keep from reaching infinity.

Y is limited by research time and your reading/specification evaluation prowess.

X is limited by X <= CA/AUC (CA=credit available and AUC=avg. unit cost)

But, then, Sancho does not specify a time restraint.........

Last edited:
Hi Tom;

Actually there are two limiting factors to keep from reaching infinity.

Y is limited by research time and your reading/specification evaluation prowess.

X is limited by X <= CA/AUC (CA=credit available and AUC=avg. unit cost)

But, then, Sancho does not specify a time restraint.........

:-O P.S. - I have discovered that when "y" = either a Kowa Highlander, or a binocular that doesn't exist, like a 7x30 wide-field ED roof, it's time to quit.

Last edited:
Above and beyond the call

Well for those of you who remember our discussion on the Diamondback we sort of came to the conclusion that I might have got a dud on that particular binocular. When I returned them to Eagle Optics I included a little note to tell them to check them out before putting them back in stock. To my surprise today I got a letter from them with a check to defray my costs of returning them. It's this kind of service that endears a company to oneself. Anytime I can do business with them you bet I will. Bravo EO. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back