• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Durham Birding (4 Viewers)

Stunning images

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

June

Trip to Saltholme today produced much the same as Ian has already listed, however over the road and opposite Dormans Lower Carpark i got the best views i have ever had of a reeling Grasshopper Warbler & Whitethroat. Spent about 2 hours watching and listening - fantastic to watch :t:

Couple of pictures attached:

Trip to Saltholme today produced much the same as Ian has already listed, however over the road and opposite Dormans Lower Carpark i got the best views i have ever had of a reeling Grasshopper Warbler & Whitethroat. Spent about 2 hours watching and listening - fantastic to watch :t:

Couple of pictures attached:

Hi
There is some great photography on this site but these are particularly brilliant. Thanks for posting them.

Yet another beauty(ies) at Rainton Meadows - sat in the hide at 12:15 with John Bee when a Temminck's Stint flew onto floating weed in front of the hide - while I was getting into a flap John then calm as owt mentioned 'oh theres two more' !!! So THREE TEMMINCK'S STINTS - at least two of which were still there when I left at 13:20.

Also a Ringed Plover and at least three LRP's.

Yet another beauty(ies) at Rainton Meadows - sat in the hide at 12:15 with John Bee when a Temminck's Stint flew onto floating weed in front of the hide - while I was getting into a flap John then calm as owt mentioned 'oh theres two more' !!! So THREE TEMMINCK'S STINTS - at least two of which were still there when I left at 13:20.

Nice one Gary (or should I say three) :t:
That sluice gate's been a real blessing, looking foward to the pictures.

Nice one Gary (or should I say three) :t:
That sluice gate's been a real blessing, looking foward to the pictures.

Cheers Neil, think the photos will be coming from JBee - as always when they were in front of the hide I was cameraless - once I'd retrieved my camera from the car a Redshank had flushed them to the islands!!!!;)

Note to self - always take your camera!!!!

Still 3 at 4.30pm.
Couple of jpg from raw unprocessed shots.

Attachments

• ts1.jpg
    ts1.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 175
  • ts2.jpg
    ts2.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 144
RSPB Saltholme - pm - Phil Stead Hide only visited - Temminck's Stint x1 which remained very distant. Also Wood Sandpiper and Black-tailed Godwit x5.

Ruff and Garganey x3 reported at Saltholme Hide again.

Attachments

• IMG_1038a.jpg
    IMG_1038a.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1076a.jpg
    IMG_1076a.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1320a.jpg
    IMG_1320a.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1192a.jpg
    IMG_1192a.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1288a.jpg
    IMG_1288a.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 111
Hello everyone. We called into a very cold and windy :eek!: hide at Rainton meadows. Thanks to all the guys pointing out the birds. We saw the 3 stints the first time they have been there, Little Ringed Plover, Ringed plover & Curlew.
:hippy:

Last edited:
Temminick's Stints & Ringed Plover present when I left at 8.30am.
Also nice to see the 2 G.C Grebes back.

Attachments

• _MG_0024.jpg
    _MG_0024.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 103
  • _MG_0087.jpg
    _MG_0087.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 98
  • _MG_0193.jpg
    _MG_0193.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 102
  • _MG_0281.jpg
    _MG_0281.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 92
  • _MG_9963.jpg
    _MG_9963.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 116
RSPB Saltholme - Saltholme Hide - am - Garganey x3, Wood Sandpiper, Common Sandpiper, Little Ringed Plover, Ringed Plover. Temminck's Stint very briefly on north side of hide walked onto muddy peninsular and then turned back north and lost from view.

Good views of the Garganeys as the pair came right into the corner opposite the hide where they mated and then went to sleep after preening. The third one is in moult. It was feeding along the edge of the mud opposite the hide.

The Ruff remained distant today on the peninsular below the fence line opposite the island.

Around 200 Common Tern perched on Paddy's Pool island.

Attachments

• IMG_2106a.jpg
    IMG_2106a.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2200a.jpg
    IMG_2200a.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1578a.jpg
    IMG_1578a.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1894a.jpg
    IMG_1894a.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2405a.jpg
    IMG_2405a.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 89
do you think them stints will hang about a bit at R/Meadows they were there yesterday but never had binos whith me,try again to-day better equipped.

do you think them stints will hang about a bit at R/Meadows they were there yesterday but never had binos whith me,try again to-day better equipped.

Hello frankiex
Yes, The Stints were there again today, many thanks to all the great guys for the advise and use of their telescope, what a friendly chatty bunch. Much better atmosphere there than some of the places we've been. o:D Next time we'll bring blankets and some soup to keep warm !! No sign of the Wood Sandpiper or the Great Snipe but we did see a Red Deer walking near the lakes.
Thanks again. :hippy:

had a brief visit to the freezer to-day had a nice bit chat to two friendly chaps,one i believe is stevie evans and the other lad was i believe called john with the big camera.thats what birdwatching is all about.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back