• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Needed with Olivon Tripod (1 Viewer)

TheBirdGarden

I don't have the money
I am hoping someone can help me, ya see, this tripod wasn't cheap and it has peeved me off a little, the legs of this tripod when clipped to hold into possition some of them gradually slide back in, as the clipping isn't being forced strongly enough.

I am hoping someone will know how to fix this possibly? because I do not have the money to get a new one and like I said this wasn't cheap, it was a big purchase for me.

the alan key looking slots next to the other wierd screw don't do anything when tightened.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0565.JPG
    DSCN0565.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0566.JPG
    DSCN0566.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN0567.JPG
    DSCN0567.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0568.JPG
    DSCN0568.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 37
Looks like you need to tighten the bolt behind the leg clip, and not the one with the allen bolt going through it. Manfrotto have similar clips but provide a tightening tool when you buy the tripod. I presume Olivon don't?

Be careful of over-tightening the allen bolt as it could distort/crack the leg tubing if excessive force is used.

I am not quite sure if they supplied one, I believe they didn't unless I threw it out, it was a few years ago now and if it looked useful I would have kept it....somewhere...thank you

Yes, I agree with Steve. It looks to me as if you need to tighten the nut on the cam lever bolt. It is recessed, though, so you would probably need a suitable box spanner, nut spinner or small socket. As Steve said, be careful not to overtighten it.

Ron

From memory there is a tool supplied - a socket that fits on to an allen key I think.

I know it's no consolation but I had one of those tripods and it was a pain trying to set the clamps (constantly). You think you've got it right and then one of the legs slide in or the clamp is too tight to operate. Got rid of it eventually at a big loss and went back to Velbon.

Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back