• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

alpha challenging Hawke ? (1 Viewer)

Torview

Just read the review in Birdwatch magazine of the new Hawke Sapphire ed bin, the gist of the review seemed to me it was all but indistinguishable from current alpha bins, if this is true with a suggested retail of £450 those of us who baulk at the price of top end bins will surely be celebrating.

Available in a open and top hinged format it seems to cover all bases.

I`m a major watch fan, I own an Omega Seamaster automatic chronometer down to a Seiko Black Monster, the point being the Seiko is every bit as good a watch as the Omega, are the next round of Chinese made bins going to upset the pecking order ?

None of this comes as a surprise to me but it cements my decision to go with the Sapphires. I just sold my Swaro SV EL (member on here) as the difference between them and the Frontier ED's was too close to call. If the Sapphires are a step up from the ED's then they must surely provide tremendous performance and value for money. Does anyone know if the review is available on line?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back