• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Join a birding trip to Peru (1 Viewer)

Phaethon

I am contemplating a trip to Peru in 2008 and know of some other birders that are interested this year or in 2009. We are mainly interested in the Manu or Iquitos areas including east slope Andes sites but would also probably do some birding around Lima. In coming years we would be interested in Central Peru, the Tumbesian area and Abra Patricia.

I would like this thread for anyone to be able to express interest in a trip to Peru and for consideration of joining a group to help keep costs down. We have been contacting Kolibri Expeditions for this. Each trip is less expensive per person with more in the group.

Please leave information on what month/year/destination is of interest to you and possibly this could help people form tour groups when they have too few to go on their own.

BA

Looking at a very late September to early October trip this year 2008. Heading to Puerto Maldonado on the Madre De Dios River and going either to the Rio Los Amigos or Rios las Piedras lowland forests with a side trip to the mountains near Lima for the Condor and other west slope birds and a Pacific pelagic.

Last edited:
Peru trip 2009

Hello everyone !

I am still looking for companions for a trip to Peru in september-october-november-december 2009...

For now, I am looking to head for Northern Peru or Central Peru for about three weeks, but I am flexible.

might be going to Los Amigos (Tambopata/Manu area) in March 2009 now. Slight chance of going back in fall to the Tumbes region...i can only go for about a week and a half at a time

BA

Martinetti,
I'm interested in Central or Northern Peru in Fall 2009, probably 3 weeks with time for dental work in Lima at either end. Leaving around Oct 15th. Are you looking to join Kolibri group or do on own?

-Ktp

Northern Peru 2009

I am trying to find people interested in a Northern Peru expedition in september-october-november 2009. I have many options, but I need more participants. This region holds the highest number of endemics of all Peru... as well as many beautiful birds. Nothing is set yet, so you're welcome to join.

Martinetti
I'd be interested in Central or Northern or indeed S-E Peru this year. I'm Australian but I speak Spanish. My birding thing is photography, especially flight studies with high speed flash. Happiest to go where there are many species hummingbirds. Also like hiking to find the special opportunistic treats. Would like to spend 4-8 weeks there.
-GDA

Graham:

I just returned from a 3 week visit to Peru. 1 week in the north, 1 week in the mountains around Cusco and near Lima, and a week in Amazonia near Puerto Maldonado at Los Amigos.

From what I experienced and from the guides I heard that the Manu Rd. and lodges there are some of the only lodges in Peru with hummingbird feeders. Hummers are plentiful in the mountains and if you can sit at a flowering tree or vine you should get good pictures. Gunnar Engblom at Kolibri Expeditions can cue you in on some great sites and trips.

BA

Martinetti
I'd be interested in Central or Northern or indeed S-E Peru this year. I'm Australian but I speak Spanish. My birding thing is photography, especially flight studies with high speed flash. Happiest to go where there are many species hummingbirds. Also like hiking to find the special opportunistic treats. Would like to spend 4-8 weeks there.
-GDA

Hi
Contact the said Gunnar for some info on a "Hummingbird safari" that he implemented for Naturetrek,did Central peru and had an amazing 42 sp of hummers,(satipo Road not to be missed)

Northern Peru 2009

I am still looking for people interested in a Northern Peru expedition probably in october or november 2009. Nothing is set yet, so you're welcome to join and make suggestions. We are working on the itinerary.

Peru endemics 2009

We are still looking for more participants for our trip to central and northern Peru in october or november 2009.

We will try to visit : Santa Eulalia, Carpish, Bosque Unchog, Olmos, Jaen, Abra Patricia, Aguas Verdes, Moyobamba, Leymebamba...

The itinerary is not set yet.

Please, PM me for more information.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back