• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Zeiss Victory 7x42 T* FL" vs "Leica Ultravid 7x42 HD" (1 Viewer)

spiralcoil

May I ask that would anyone have experience of comparing the views/handling of those two pairs of binoculars? Would you find the Zeiss 7x42FL has a noticeable wider field of view (not just on paper a wider FOV figure than the Leica 7x42HD)?

And which one would you chose for your own use and why?

I purchased my Zeiss 7x42 FLs a few years ago because they had the widest AFOV/FOV , lightest weight and closest focus of the ultra premium 7x42s.

Zeiss 7x42 FL :
Field of View 450 ft. at 1000 yds.
Weight 26.1 oz.
Close Focus 6.56 ft.

Leica Ultravid HD 7x42 :
Field of View 420 ft. at 1000 yds.
Weight 27.1 oz.
Close Focus 11 ft.

Photo of Zeiss 7x42 FL next to Pentax 8x32 ED:

Attachments

• 17IMGP1516_800_x_532_.jpg
    17IMGP1516_800_x_532_.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 885
That would be the deal breaker for me. I would go zeiss because of the small apparent fov of a leica or Swarovski, even though I like the image of the leica better. I can't live with a restricted fov in an alfa bin.420 sounds big but in a 7 its not and u can see a noticeable difference in the zeiss.

I strongly considered the FL, but specifications aren't everything. The construction of the FL bothered me. I chose Leica partly due to its history of durability--that and the top notch focus-diopter adjustment, which is the best I've ever used.

Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back