• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Headland Designated For Nature Reserves (1 Viewer)

P

peter hayes

This was reported earlier today:

HEADLAND DESIGNATED FOR NATURE RESERVES

Stretches of Cornwall's headland are to become designated nature
reserves, the
local authority has said.

Following discussions with English Nature, the Newquay headlands of
Trevelgue,
Towan and Pentire are to be specially managed nature reserves.

A spokesman for Restormel Borough Council said the sites were
valuable in
terms of ecology and geology.

The authority and English Nature are drawing up management plans for
the
sites, which will remain open to residents and visitors.

The plans will go on show to the public at council offices later
this year.

Rightly so, they are great places although the exhorbitant parking fees at Pentire have prevented me going there at all. There is also Trevose and Kelsey Heads owned by the NT nearby and they are great.

Also, the winds help to clear my tinnitus! LOL

Yes, couldn't agree more. Am fortunate enough to have the boast of having lived down there for several years, Cornwall is a lovely area with fantastic walking all around but particularly along the northern stretch of SW Coast path.

The Newquay area and further up at the Camel estuary is vastly overlooked by birders. I don't mind this! LOL

Great news to hear they are going to be turned into nature reserves, the whole devon cornwall coastline is stunning and rich in wildlife.....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back