• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple of waders, not sure which. (1 Viewer)

Paul Corfield

These were in the same group and I didn't notice the orange coloured bird until I got home. Could I have an id for both photos please. I've not photographed many waders before so have no idea what these are.

Thanks,
Paul.

Attachments

• Wader1.jpg
    Wader1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Wader2.jpg
    Wader2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 212
Bar-taled Godwits - Orange is summer plumage

The right hand pic does look long-billed enough for Black-tailed godwit, but I think its just a large bird as the pattern of the mantle feathers is Bar-tailed.

Jane Turner said:
The right hand pic does look long-billed enough for Black-tailed godwit, but I think its just a large bird as the pattern of the mantle feathers is Bar-tailed.

Ditto the barring on the tail, just visible

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back