• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

more UK waders (1 Viewer)

138mph

United Kingdom
2006-09-24 Norfolk UK, sorry for image quality.
1. male and female Ruff?
The other three pictures are of a single group of birds, suggestion made at the time was Little Stint for the smallest of them.

Thanks in advance,
Hugh

Attachments

• 56I24D5389.jpg
    56I24D5389.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 56I24D5385.jpg
    56I24D5385.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 56I24D5386.jpg
    56I24D5386.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 56I24D5392.jpg
    56I24D5392.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 234
The first shot is of ruff, the next three show a mixed flock of dunlin (larger birds) and little stint (smaller birds).

1. Ruff, pale bird an adult, browner birds juveniles but hard to sex (at least for me!) because of difficulty in assessing size.
2. 2 Little Stints and 2 Dunlin, back right bird hard to be sure of but possibly dark looking Little Stint.
3. Small waders all look like Little Stints from what can be seen. Larger bird Dunlin.
4. Little Stints plus Dunlin.

john barclay said:
Can't add to the above I'ds but a nice evocative set of autumn pics. Which reserve were they on????

John.

Looks like Titchwell to me, probably taken from island hide...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back