• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon Li ion BP 511 Battery (1 Viewer)

I wish to buy a second battery for my Canon 300D.
The Canon own brand battery appears to be quite expensive.
My question is " Do I buy the Canon or a compatable brand " ?
I have heard reports of compatables leaking etc! and I do not want to cause any problems with the camera body.

I would welcome any observations from Canon users.
Thanks Allan

I use 7 day shop all the time for my spare batteries (For Canon 350D and 400D) and have never had any problems. I am led to believe that the batteries which leaked or exploded were fake Canon batteries

i have used third party batteries for my 20d off ebay with no problems whatsoever. i have 3 third party batteries altogether along with 3 canon brand. cant remember the seller but he was uk based on ebay.
i found the ebay batteries higher capacity than the original canon ones at 1500mah but you can now get 1800mah capacity. mine work fine and outlast the canon ones. hope this helps?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back