• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SRBFILM.co.uk tube digiscoping adapters (1 Viewer)

wgmorg

Has anybody bought an adapter from SRBFILM.co.uk.

They are made to measure with starting price about £45... they can be anodized black at extra cost.

LCE have good reports and is the other one I'm considering, along with the spidertech discussed in a thread I've just read.

I'm not really interested in the eagleeyeuk adapters as they now seem OVER priced and no longer a good design.

My scope is a Carl Zeiss 65 with a 15-45x zoom.

Hi wgmorg
I haven't bought an adapter of them but I have done a bit of business with them and they are a good company to deal with
Phone or email them for a catalogue.
Stan

Ordered and then cancelled

Well they are willing to make adapters to your exact specification, i.e. even where the locking screws are placed... I ordered one for my Zeiss 15-45x.

Price £45 for standard service which takes a few weeks.
£90 for special service which takes a week.

I waited for 6 weeks and phoned up for current status ... answer it will still be some time ... so I cancelled.

I just had an adapter arrive today from SRB, but it doesn't sound like the one you're talking about. Mine is the one that has two rings that go around the scope eyepiece. I was in two minds about it, but I finally got it set up correctly and it now goes on and off quite quickly.

I took some test photos this afternoon which I will be uploading to My Gallery soon.

I've just picked up an SRB adaptor from the Bird Fair. It is very similar to the LCE one but in my opinion is much better made a much snugger fit and at least £15 cheaper at £35. The one I bought is specifically for the 27mm Coolpix thread alongside a Leica Scope. However they will make them to fit any scope and prices start at just £30. I used it as soon as I got home and my initial opinion is excellent.

Mark

I too looked at their adaptors at the bird fair and they seem well made and good value for money compared to some of the others. Also they do custom fit provided you give them all the relevant measurements.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back