• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with aternative Access to Vigia Chico Road? (1 Viewer)

Julian H

Can anyone add information whether or not the Sian Ka'an road that heads south from the 307 is accessible? See map.

I plan to head from Tulum, and the option of taking this road seems more logical than driving all the way to F. Carrillo then back NE. It looks as though it should cut through similar habitat.

Can anyone add to the pros and cons of attempting this?

Thanks,

Julian

Attachments

• Vigia Chico road.png
    Vigia Chico road.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 149
Hello Julian,
I think Howell described gates at the edge of the proper forest reserve on both these roads in the birdfinding guide. That obviously is a lot of years ago, but I never tried the alternative access so I do not know if it has changed.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back