• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zoom eyepiece for Pentax EDII 65mm (1 Viewer)

Nickcv

As per the title I've recently bought a Pentax EDII 65mm scope minus an eyepiece and am looking for zoom eyepiece recommendations. I'm aware that people might push me in the direction of fixed focal lengths for best clarity but I really do want a zoom eyepiece as a matter of convenience. At present I'm considering the Vixen LV 8mm-24mm which seems to get reasonable reviews but would welcome other suggestions.

i am currently using the baader hyperion zoom on my kowa 823 ...i have used the vixen on the pentax 65 ,and was fine,but i would not be able to use a narrow field zoom after using the Baader...the baader zoom had to be modified to be usable on the kowa,and you would need modification to fit it to the pentax,but it can be done,,and its worth it..there is a thread on such modification somewhere in the forum...if this is not something that you want to do,there is a celestron zoom,the one fitted to the regal scope,that also has a wider field than the vixen,but i am not sure if it can be purchased without the scope,or what is the model ...ultimately and if you cant find other option,the vixen zoom is a decent eyepiece,specially if you get a wide fixed 20x or 30x to complement it...

..if you're at all interested in the genuine article I have the Pentax SMC zoom f/s in the Classified threads - asking £190. I've not used the Pentax glass since I was fortunate enough to acquire a Swarovski scope from a fellow BF member. Probably the main advantage of the Swarovski over the Pentax is that it's cured me of the tendency to collect lenses! I think that I have at least 2 other zooms and 3 or 4 fixed view eyepieces for the Pentax including the Williams Optical zoom. Happy to send further details if you're interested!

regards

John

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back