• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problems with Semantec/Norton (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi,
I get internet security from my online provider, Telekomm.de which also includes Norton 360 plus all the updates. Recently, I keep getting the same popup from Norton directly saying that there are upgrades available. The problem is, I can't get rid of them without:

1 upgrading straight away
2 remind later

There isn't even a third option to let me say I'm not interested.

I don't want a direct upgrade from Norton, because I'm covered through my contract with my internet service provider.

I have tried contacting Semantec/Norton about this, but it can't be done per email, only by joining a Norton users forum, which I don't want to do, or trawling through FAQs which don't come up with a solution.
Does anyone else find it strange that an internet security software company, whose job it is to provide,amongst other things, anti spam software, use spamming methods to force a user to upgrade to a new product?
To not be available to customers directly if they have a query?
And lastly, does anyone know of a different internet security software company that can provide the same quality of service without spamming their customers?

Thank you

Are the upgrades free?

There will be some notification preferences deep with in the program settings, try turning them off.

Norton is a very intrusive security program sticking its fingers into many places, if you just want an anti-virus program the Microsoft Security Essentials is good, free and doesn't try to take over every aspect of your computer.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back