• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (50 Viewers)

All the best, Dave,

Peter

........and from me.......

A rare visit today ...and too short as well.
Started at the Flashes before moving on to the East hide at the Moors.
Surprisingly few people about but as usual it was great to observe all the antics of the birds.....especially at the Moors.Almost not an inch to spare on Snipe Island with the Lapwings causing Mayhem by not letting anything have a quite morning.It was the Jackdaws at the Flashes doing the same.One just would not let a Pied Wagtail rest anywhere - it decided to make freiends with a resting Gull in the end.
Thanks as always to John - Upstarts- for making sure I did not miss anything that was about.Had to go on Taxi duty before the Jack Snipe got up close but I see some more visits soon.
Keith
A couple of Teal at the flashes.
Male stopping for a scratch
Female was picking up some dry seeds and then quickly getting a drink to help digest them....she did this about 5 times straight off.

Attachments

• Canon 198 033.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 033.jpg low.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 82
  • Canon 198 040.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 040.jpg low.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Canon 198 041.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 041.jpg low.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 72
And at the Moors......

The Shovellers were doing some intensive dabbling - one made me laugh by doing it backwards.....lol
A Couple of the grazing Wigeon.

Attachments

• Canon 198 060.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 060.jpg low.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Canon 198 056.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 056.jpg low.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Canon 198 043.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 043.jpg low.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Canon 198 051.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 051.jpg low.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Canon 198 082.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 082.jpg low.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
And theres more.....

The Wigeon again
BHGull
Jack Snipe
Snipe
Lapwing

Attachments

• Canon 198 081.jpg loow.jpg
    Canon 198 081.jpg loow.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Canon 198 065.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 065.jpg low.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Canon 198 064 A.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 064 A.jpg low.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Canon 198 066.jpg low.jpg
    Canon 198 066.jpg low.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Canon 198 057 low.jpg
    Canon 198 057 low.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 72
Just a quick update on numbers:

Last weekend's Grey Plover, Rock Pipit and Gannet took the year list to 148.

September finished with a month list of 109.

October is currently on 90 but can anyone confirm if the following missing species have also been seen:

Collared Dove, House Sparrow, Coal Tit, Little Egret, Little Owl, Nuthatch, Bullfinch

Did I see a record in the last few days of Nuthatch in the log book at the Flashes feeders hide...sorry forgot the name of hide...lol

Keith

Bullfinch

October is currently on 90 but can anyone confirm if the following missing species have also been seen:

Collared Dove, House Sparrow, Coal Tit, Little Egret, Little Owl, Nuthatch, Bullfinch

Phil

Bullfinch on Flashes feeders 1st Oct

Attachments

• IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 95

Phil. Had a Collared dove from East hide on the moors yesterday.
Phil

Coal tit at moors feeders last Tuesday. Forgot to add on forum, but put in my note book.
also yesterday migrant hawkers well spread about reserve and common darter.

Very quiet this morning on both sides of the reserve. There was a single Wigeon remaining on the Moors Pool, with five Gadwall, four or five great Crested Grebe, at least three Little Grebes, 12 Pochard and at last 15 Tufted Ducks still present. A Jack Snipe had been showing before I arrived. Overhead there were a couple of Meadow Pipits, at least five Skylarks and a mobile Grey Wagtail. There were another two Grey Wagtails over the Sailing Pool. The highlights at the Flashes were 8 Meadow Pipits and a showy Peregrine that landed in the ploughed field to the north-east.

that common from last week

soz john forgot about this one thought i better put the two pics on, please excuse the quality long way off, been up flamboro and spurn all weekend and realised when i was going through pics. all the best to dave also get well soon bud.

Attachments

• DSC06169.JPG
    DSC06169.JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC06170.JPG
    DSC06170.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 87
Best wishes for Dave W. Hope you are OK. A few days rest and you'll be able to catch up reading your back copies of The Guardian.

Moors (east hide) mid afternoon to late afternoon..........1 jack snipe; 3 reported earlier. Common snipe, 2 grey wagtails, little grebe, several grey herons but no sign of any bitterns. Few redwings flew over.

Flashes 170 plus lapwings, 3 common snipe, 1 jack snipe, 3 meadow pipits, 1 migrant hawker, 1 southern hawker, 30 plus flock of shovelers flew in.
Birds generally unsettled; was some shooting going on. Peregrines were having the afternoon off so what was making them edgy I can only speculate.

Off the reserve, Webbs carpark just before dusk is worth a visit to see the pied wagtail roost; about 150 on Thursday.

Hope there are a couple of Bittern on site...and they play ball.:-O

Keith :t:

A close up of one of the beauties from yesterday...

Attachments

• Canon 198 054.jpg JPEG A low.jpg
    Canon 198 054.jpg JPEG A low.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back