• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kerry this weekend (1 Viewer)

petleyr

Hi all

I'm heading to Tralee this weekend to see family. Can anyone give me any advice on places to go for an afternoon on Saturday or Sunday?

I was thinking perhaps of a couple of hours at Brandon Point --- is much being seen of there at the moment?

Thanks for any help.

Looking at http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-MSW-Surf-Charts/1/wind/in/ I’d certainly try and get yourself to Brandon on Sunday afternoon provided the W/NW forecast materialises.

As you’re probably aware, the west coast of Ireland’s pretty light in observer coverage so no news on Brandon recently means nothing. There’s certainly a Fea’s/Zino’s Petrel in the bay (birds seen from The Bridges of Ross have been seen later at Brandon).

Although a bit early for the freshly arrived yanks, checking a few wader spots local to Tralee at Blennerville, Carrahane, Black Rock and Barrow could be worthwhile.

There’s also been a Bonaparte’s Gull at Castlemaine in the last 10 days or so.

Wish I was over there…

Rich

Thanks Rich... I'll certainly take a look around, though family commitments and a relatively early flight on Sunday is going to limit things a little. I saw a Bonaparte's at Tralee a couple of years ago, so your post brought back good memories.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back