• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

THE SLC neu 7x42: the sum of all parts (1 Viewer)

308CAL

I hate fidgeting trying to get the perfect image. Playing with eyecups, eye placement, focus wheel.

I know I am not par for the course in saying that I compared and preferred this bino to the new SV 8.5x. yes I now own an SLCnew again (2009 serial #) in 7x42 and couldnt be happier to be back. I was glad I could pick one up before they were no longer available!;)

FOr me its the sum of the parts, not just brightness, or ergonomics, or contrast or weight. While the SV and SLC HD are a shade better optically, someone must be in real tall cotton if they cant thoroughly enjoy the view from the SLC new 7x42. B :) Especially for the 800-1000$ difference in price!

THis bino has edge to edge sharpness and an ease of view that smacks your eyes right when the light hits your eyes. The the depth of field leaves me focusing little and when i do its easy. The eyecups, the thumb grooves on the underside, it all fits....for me.

FIrst and last thing; the sweet spot is huge, maybe the SV has "better" edge sharpness but I couldnt tell. Maybe if I strained my eyes searching for some subtle perimeter error I would find it but if its there its small.

Try one out if you are looking for a good all around bino!:t:

Hi,

what is there not to like about these bins?

I ask because I just ordered a pair and I've never tried a pair. The ones I ordered are the SLC New 7x42 B and, I quote from the sellers description, "THE LATEST MODEL WITH THE NEW MULTI FUNCTION CASE and FASTER FOCUSSING MECHANISM."

Is that what you have? How are they for glasses wearers? And what do they mean when they say the focuser is faster? Was it slow before or is it now super fast?

So looking forward to receiving them (on monday I hope).

By the way, I picked them after considering Meopta 7x42 & 8x42 and Kowa Genesis 8.5x44.

I am getting them at what seems like a great price because, although they are in perfect condition, they are not boxed. I don't know if they have any paperwork with them. From what I hear about Swaro after sales service, I hope I wont need a paper guarantee if I need to send them in for repair.

Best wishes
Martin

They weigh 33oz but they don't feel it, compact and ergonomic! The thumb grooves are great. Weakness? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe a shade less "dynamic" than the fl or swarovision... Ill be anxious to hear your thoughts!

They weigh 33oz but they don't feel it, compact and ergonomic! The thumb grooves are great. Weakness? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe a shade less "dynamic" than the fl or swarovision... Ill be anxious to hear your thoughts!

How are they for glasses wearers? Or don't you wear them?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back