• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Clumber Park Notts (1 Viewer)

leighsutcliffe

hi folks,

I was just lookinhg at my shift at work for this weekend and i have a half day on Saturday.

So I was thinking about going to Clumber Park as im not working that far from here

I was wondering if anyone had visited Clumber Park and what birds am i likley too see,

thanks in advance

Leigh B :)

Ok Clumber is in Notts not Derbys but I think we can trespass a bit! Birds to look out for at Clumber include common woodland birds, the park around the chapel had numerous feeding stations on old logs next to the path when we went at New Year. We enjoyed excellent views of Nuthatch,Treecreeper loads of tits and some of the closest views of Marsh Tit I have ever had. I'm taking my camera back when I can!

Of course the star bird in the winter in the chapel area is the Hawfinch. At New Year we were lucky to see good numbers sitting in the tops of the trees and flying round close to the church.

The lake also holds a good selection of common waterfowl such as Tufted and Pochard plus Goldeneye etc.

We parked in the main carpark at the Visitor Centre but this cost a fair whack in entrance fees but its convenient and the cafes good! I have always enjoyed my excursions over the border to Clumber.

Hope this helps a bit.

Steph'

Another time, on the road back west from Clumber there's also Wellbeck raptor watchpoint, Honey Buzzards and Ospreys in the summer, but it's possibly worth stopping off through the next couple of months too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back